A Few Care Tips
Please follow these few easy rules to help insure your Güde knives give you years of service and enjoyment
Clean your knife after each use with a damp cloth!
- Never put your knife away without wiping it clean – specially after cutting acidic foods.
- Never use acidic or abrasive cleansers to scrub your knife.
- Knives with wooden grips are NEVER to be washed in the dishwasher or left soaking in standing water!
- Never store your knife loose in a drawer.
- Never use a cutting surface made from stone or ceramic as these will dull or damage the cutting edge.
Kitchen knives should always be stored in a handy place, ready for immediate use. For home kitchens the best storage solution is a suitable Knife Block which should be of solid construction and made from a material suitable to the knives such as wood. If there isn't enough counter space for a Knife Block, a wall mounted magnetic knife holder may be a good alternative.
Please avoid storing your knives loose in a drawer. This can lead to serious damage and dulling of the razor sharp cutting edge as well as damage to the grips.